Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sorry!

I know I've pulled a bit of a disappearing act, but do you ever have those weeks when life just seems so unbelievably busy? Where does the time go?



Here is my last 2 weeks in a nutshell



1. I discovered that 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt and 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese is delicious! For those of you who think you hate cottage cheese, try this! It's so good for you too. Top with 1/2 sliced banana or other fruit and you've got yourself one yummy little treat.



2. Hubby is home!! His flight form Halifax to Saint John was cancelled but he hopped on a last minute flight to Fredericton (about 1.5 hours from me) so I drove up to get him in torrential downpour and made it JUST in time to see him walking through the gate at the airport. It was love at first sight all over again!



3. Hubby and I decided to go to Dominican in May. We leave from Halifax on May 3rd! SOO excited and in honor of said trip, I went out the other night and bought my very first bikini! Hello, milestone!! Very cute halter style. I'm planning on picking up another one before the trip. So fun!



4. Went to a St. Patrick's Day party on Saturday. I ate way too much food, drank way too much wine and ended up blowing my meal plan out of the water from Saturday at 7:00pm-Sunday at 10:00pm. Bad idea. How did I forget all about that bikini I just bought. Brightside? I won a prize for having the best St. Patty's Day getup! Will post some pictures tonight.



5. Welcome back to Christina! She took some time off from blogging but now she is back! Love this girl!

6. I can't wait to read up on all of your blogs! I've probably missed so much. I have been sneaking in every now and again but haven't been the faithful & devoted reader that I should be. Thanks girlies for checking in on me. I can't believe it's been so long since I've blogged.

7. My weight has been on a bit of a roller coaster, lose a few pounds, hit the weekend and gain a few pounds. You all know the cycle. Damn cycle. But I'm working on a plan for this weekend. Since we have 2 Easter Dinner's to go to I've got to plan out my meals and portions so that I can make it through this weekend without throwing it all out the window.

Rule #1 - No wine......NO WINE.
Rule #2 - Measure out my meat (4oz) and fill the rest of the plate with veggies
Rule #3 - Split my dessert with Scott. One of the desserts is going to be a birthday cake for myself, Scott and another family member as our Birthdays are all close together. Mmmm Ice cream cake!
Rule #4 - Salad, Salad, Salad! I'll be making sure there will be salad served at each dinner and if there isn't, we'll bring one ourselves!

How is everyone else planning out the long Easter weekend? It's rough eh??

15 comments:

  1. Wowsers - a bikini!?!?! I think if you feel comfortable and like the way you look in a bikini, that's pretty much goal to me. I saw your pictures on facebook and you look awesome - and like you are having a great time. Which, is the most important thing :)

    Welcome back, I have missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you love your hubby so much! haha... that sounds stupid, but its so endearing the way you write about Scott. Makes me want to smootch my hubby!

    And I second Christy, welcome back. I missed you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE yogourt and cottage cheese as a snack! sooo good!

    Don't leave again, ya hear? er...read?

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back! I've just started reading your blog recently and so great to see you back, figured you had to recoup from "single mom" status.

    Way to go on the bikini purchase and treating yourselves to a trip.

    I can't imagine 2 weeks away from my husband, torture. Fredericton is my home town, or the place where I grew up. The airport is huge! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhhhhhh you mentioned me in your post, thanks!!!You are too kind.
    Yup I am back to blogging but not back to watching my weight, I have been losing sloooooooowly but needed to change it up a bit so started blogging again. How have you been babes, going on vacation lucky girl and in a bikini wow wa wee wa! I am sure you are going to make some heads turn. I missed you and am happy we can chat again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! SO MUCH! Don't ever leave me again ok? hehe.
    A BIKINI! AWESOME!
    Are you still doing that SFL thing? or is it back to points now? I love your plan for the weekend. Tell your hubby and maybe even somebody else, then stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DOMINICAN? Lucky girl! I am super jealous. Oh and I hear ya on the wine. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back!! :)
    I totally know what you mean about being busy, I need to stop time sometimes...

    I think its awesome that you are going on a vacation! There is barely 1.5 months til you go, lucky girl!

    Good game plan on the rules. I really need to cut out wine too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dominican! Lucky you!

    I am totally going to have to try the cottage cheese/yogurt idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hum, I think I'll have to try that little treat!

    That's awesome about the trip and the bakini!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did try that treat and YUMMY!!!! Here I thought I hated cottage cheese! Thanks for the new idea for a snack. It spices up my yogourt that I am getting sick of!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad that you are back!!!!!

    That is so awesom ethat you bought a bikini!!!! That is AMAZING inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phew! Glad you're back!
    yogurt and cottage chesse = great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always loved the cottage cheese fluff made with sugar-free Jello powder and sugar-free cool whip and fruit that is on the WW On-line site. ..I have it on my recipe blog too. I used to eat it every day! And cottage cheese with chopped tomato, green onion, and a little garlic powder is great with whole wheat crackers! Not to mention cottage cheese with fresh strawberries cut up in it with a sprinkle of Splenda and vanilla! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll def have to try out the yogurt and cottage cheese combo! Thanks for the tip!

    Yay for being confident in a bikini! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!