I know I've pulled a bit of a disappearing act, but do you ever have those weeks when life just seems so unbelievably busy? Where does the time go?
Here is my last 2 weeks in a nutshell
1. I discovered that 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt and 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese is delicious! For those of you who think you hate cottage cheese, try this! It's so good for you too. Top with 1/2 sliced banana or other fruit and you've got yourself one yummy little treat.
2. Hubby is home!! His flight form Halifax to Saint John was cancelled but he hopped on a last minute flight to Fredericton (about 1.5 hours from me) so I drove up to get him in torrential downpour and made it JUST in time to see him walking through the gate at the airport. It was love at first sight all over again!
3. Hubby and I decided to go to Dominican in May. We leave from Halifax on May 3rd! SOO excited and in honor of said trip, I went out the other night and bought my very first bikini! Hello, milestone!! Very cute halter style. I'm planning on picking up another one before the trip. So fun!
4. Went to a St. Patrick's Day party on Saturday. I ate way too much food, drank way too much wine and ended up blowing my meal plan out of the water from Saturday at 7:00pm-Sunday at 10:00pm. Bad idea. How did I forget all about that bikini I just bought. Brightside? I won a prize for having the best St. Patty's Day getup! Will post some pictures tonight.
5. Welcome back to Christina! She took some time off from blogging but now she is back! Love this girl!
6. I can't wait to read up on all of your blogs! I've probably missed so much. I have been sneaking in every now and again but haven't been the faithful & devoted reader that I should be. Thanks girlies for checking in on me. I can't believe it's been so long since I've blogged.
7. My weight has been on a bit of a roller coaster, lose a few pounds, hit the weekend and gain a few pounds. You all know the cycle. Damn cycle. But I'm working on a plan for this weekend. Since we have 2 Easter Dinner's to go to I've got to plan out my meals and portions so that I can make it through this weekend without throwing it all out the window.
Rule #1 - No wine......NO WINE.
Rule #2 - Measure out my meat (4oz) and fill the rest of the plate with veggies
Rule #3 - Split my dessert with Scott. One of the desserts is going to be a birthday cake for myself, Scott and another family member as our Birthdays are all close together. Mmmm Ice cream cake!
Rule #4 - Salad, Salad, Salad! I'll be making sure there will be salad served at each dinner and if there isn't, we'll bring one ourselves!
How is everyone else planning out the long Easter weekend? It's rough eh??
You know you love it when...
9 minutes ago