Sunday, February 24, 2008

Day 1 of many.

I'm completely psyched and more than ready to get down to business and finally say goodbye to these last 15 lbs. They have been hanging around for so long and looking back, for the past year I have been playing around with least last 10-15 lbs. Up a pound, down a pound, up a pound, down a pound. Not a good cycle.


Our party went really well. I surprised myself by staying away from the food most of the night. I was too busy mingling and having fun so there wasn't much hover time and I stayed away from the Potluck table as much as possible. Although I did have more than a few bites and I tried a little bit of everything. Which is not a bad thing at all....what IS a bad thing is the breakfast I had this morning which included bacon, hashbrowns, & all the perfect trimmings for your typical "hangover breakfast". And I'm also pretty sure that the pizza I had for supper last night was not a good choice at all. I did make one good choice yesterday though, I spent about 2 hours after supper getting ready for my week. I made a huge chicken vegetable soup and cooked up some lunch portions. No excuses now. It's all right there in front of me.

I also took Scott to the airport yesterday morning first thing. Not fun. This is the first time we've been away from each other for more than one night since we've been married. I miss him like crazy already and he's only been gone a day! The house was sooo quiet last night. He did call me from the Toronto airport and then again from Kansas last night so I know he made it fine and he's all settled in. Two whole weeks. Ugh. At least it gives me motivation to stick to my plan and look better than ever when he comes home!

Meal plan for today:

Breakfast:
1 Cup of Kashi Go Lean
1 Cup of skim milk
1/2 Banana

Snack:
1 cup of baby carrots

Lunch:
(this is the hard part! It's sooo much food!)
4 oz of chicken breast
1 cup of brown rice with reduced sodium soy sauce
2 1/2 cup of veggies

Snack:
1 apple

Supper:
Either
4 oz of salmon and 2 1/2 cups of veggies
-or-
2 1/2 cups of chicken veggie soup

Snack:
Either
1 bag of 100 cal popcorn or 1 1/4 cup of fat free Jello.

Honestly, it's kind of nice to take the guesswork out of what I am eating. There isn't a lot of wiggle room, which is exactly what I need right now. Structure.
I jumped on the scale this morning and I was up almost 3 lbs...most likely due to the awful choices I made yesterday but I'm not worried, I know they will fly off in no time and they'll be taking some of their buddies with them.

How did everyone make out this weekend?

15 comments:

  1. Good luck! Bad choices for me this weekend too, but before I let it get out of hand I'm back, journalling, and making good food choices. I don't have high hopes for losing much in Florida, but the game is ON when I get back. I'll be anxious to hear how things are going with you! Sorry your husband left, but focus all that energy on dedicating yourself!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good start, Carolyn. You just needed to get started and have a plan! Just imagine going into summer with that weight gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck girl!! Structure is definitely a good way to go, and it looks like a good menu that won't leave you starving or wanting more.

    Your hubby being away will help you...honestly. I make such better choices while DBF is away. Keep your mind focused on your plan and you won't miss him as well. It's when you let your mind idle that things go awry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, those 3 pounds (and their friends) are going to fly off of you!

    The plan sounds reasonable. I'd like to think it's good to avoid unnatural diet foods that creep into our diet (like Skinny Cow, and 100 cal packs, etc.) and instead rely on lean protiens and veggies as the basis of our meals -just like your plan dictates!

    Maybe I'll try to mimic you a bit!

    And hang in there with your sweetie being gone. I bet you'll find it is easier to diet, but I do realize how hard it is not to have your partner around. It stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, structure can be VERY good!!! And it MIGHT be easier with Scott gone (because then you don't have to worry about what he is eating, or he won't eat snacks in front of you) and I agree with Bionic, keep busy to keep your mind busy!!!

    Danny went away for a week in December and it was pretty difficult!!! We had been apart for 2 weeks before (when we were moving from city to city) and it was rough...it was tough for the first couple of nights, but when the first half was over I was just excited to be seeing him again soon (so in a weeks time, you will just be excited!!)...it's also really empowering to know that you can stay on your own (that might sound wussy, but I have a sister who stays at my moms every time her fiance works nights...it makes me feel strong to know I did it for a week straight without my mommy!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry the hubby will be away for so long. Just think how excited you'll be when he comes home. What great motivation!

    Your plan sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right here with you. I had a so-so weekend (it wasn't awful, but certainly not stellar). I spent all day yesterday preparing food for the week, so I feel really confident. I'm guzzling water as I type this, and all my meals are planned for today. Now, I just have to get to the gym tonight and I'll be in business.

    Let's challenge ourselves for the next couple of weeks okay? They say you need to do something 21 times for it to become a habit - so let's get at least half of those days under our belt.

    We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The menu actually sounds really good.
    2 and 1/2 cups of veggies is definitly a lot of food.
    Sometimes its nice not to have to worry about what you are going to eat.

    Good luck!!!!
    You are going to be a totally hottie when he gets home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, you! I like the menu, doesn't seem too tough, just a lot of veggies at lunch there. And I don't think that just an apple would hold me over until supper, but maybe. I like that you posted the menu, might make me want to try something similar, easy to copy...It still looks yummy! you can totally do this!

    You should get a project for these next 2 weeks. You'll be lonely and you can't eat so you'll need to keep busy. It would be a good time to paint some rooms in your house or something like that. Go through that closet you never open. Some kind of major project that will distract you from food and from missing Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  10. good luck with your plan. it sounds really good and healthy - is there any variation from day to day?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh that sounds like a good plan - I need to follow something like that! Are you going to post your meals every day? Good luck to you!

    Oh and P.S., my husband travels for work (we've only been married about 1.5 yrs) and it sucks, but I always try to use that time to just do the things I want to do (rent chick flicks, read a lot, hang out with the girls) so that way I fill the time when he's gone. Also, I bet it'll be a lot easier to stick to your plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tell Scott he can drive on over for dinner some night...Kansas is only a few hours from here!

    And the structure sounds good...at least you know what the plan is now you just have to stick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know those 3lbs are partially fake weight from the day before. Keep focused this week, and they will be gone!! You can totally do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally thought about you several times this weekend, hoping you survived!

    I think it'll be easier with the husband gone. That is quite the healthy menu, I can't wait to see how you do on this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That all sounds like a deliciously satisfying and filing menu to me!

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!