Too many random thoughts to actually form paragraphs today so here we go...
1. Thanks ladies for all your wonderful comments on our Punta Cana pics. We are already planning our next trip down South for next March...we are thinking Jamaica (actually it's not really our choice since our good friends are getting married down South and we are in tow with them, but THEY are thinking Jamaica.) Anyone been? Suggestions?
2. I need to seriously re-evauluate my diet. Weekend splruges were far too many and included: wine, small handful of chips, 2 brownies, 2 slices of pizza, 1 cookie, 2 chocolate bars (yes 2!) and onion rings. Granted this was over the course of 3 days people. But added up, it looks like a massive amount of JUNK! It should also be noted that I did say NO to DQ blizzards 2 times this weekend.
3. I need to get rid of the processed junk in my lunch. All Bran bites, Fiber Source granola bars. Yuck. I know they are low in points and that's why I love them so much but they can't be good for me. I'm hoping to buy more fruit this week...anyone have any other suggestions for snacks that aren't high in carbs or sugar? Somethin I can whip on on the weekend and take with me for snacks all week long?
4. I also need to start doing some research on exercise. How do I get the most bang for my buck at the gym? Lately, I have been doing 20 mins bike, 20 mins elliptical and 20 mins Stairmaster and every other day I do 20 mins of abs on top of that. I know I need to incoporate weights. I'm starting this next week but....should I do 30 mins cardio, then 30 mins weights 5 times a week or should I do 3 days of cardio 60-70 mins cardio sessions and 2 days of weights. It's so confusing to me. Also, is it better to do 30 mins of cardio a day, everyday, 7 days a week? or do you get more benefit from 60 mins cardio intervals in one day 3 or 4 times a week. See? Confusing.
5. I had homemade Chili for lunch. Yummm.
6. I just spent an hour reading and catching up on a new blog. Check out Lex. It's seriously like reading my own blog, we have so much in common!
7. It's very dreary here today and I just feel like cuddling up on the couch with a movie or a good book. For the first time in a long time, I really don't want to go to the gym. But I will. I'll force myself. I'll go and I'll kick some serious butt. Then I will feel much better.
8. Is it Friday yet? Why do short work weeks feel so long after a long weekend?