1. I feel awesome today. No reason. The sun is out, it's warm. I like my outfit and my pants don't feel tight at all. I'm having one of those days where this whole weight loss journey actually seems possible, like I know I can do it, I just need to set my mind to it. (Aren't those the lyrics to some old 80s song?)
2. I bought the stuff today at lunch to make Red Lentil Curry. Got the recipe from Amy's blog. My kitchen is feeling neglected and the meals that I am popping out are BORING. Need to spice things up a bit. I just bought the ESBM cookbook and have only tried ONE recipe so far. Tonight, I'm going to pick 2 new recipes to try out this weekend.
3. I went over my point range yesterday without even knowing it. Guess it pays to journal, huh? I also felt like I had NO energy at the gym. I ran for 10 mins and then gave up. Boo me. To my credit, I could feel the blisters coming back on the arch of my feet so I jumped on the elliptical. I NEED to buy new sneakers this weekend. No ifs ands or buts. I did 50 mins of cardio yesterday and no weights. Boo me again.
4. I'm going to go see Sex and the City tonight with 3 other girls. Can't wait. In order to avoid the popcorn and candy, I bought a bag of baby carrots to munch on. Yay me! I also packed a supper instead of hitting up Wendy's or Tim's with the girls. I cooked some chicken on the BBQ last night, cut it up and I'm having a chicken and veggie wrap with fat free Ranch dressing for supper.
5. I ordered the Cheat to Lose Diet book from Amazon and got it on Saturday. You may have been reading about it on Angie's blog. I haven't started reading it yet but I'm anxious. The only thing that scares me is the first three weeks are cleansing, no cheats, no wine. That is big for me. I do loves me a glass or two of wine on the weekends. And with Summer here, we have something planned every single weekend. It usually involves wine and food. But if I'm going to get serious for Summer, I have to make some sacrifices right? So tough though. Obviously I need to do something since my weekends have been out of control. What do you ladies think?
6. I am almost 100% positive on signing up for a 5K on Canada Day, July 1st. Scott said he would sign up for it too but he runs quite a bit faster than I do but that's ok, he can wait for me at the finish line. If I'm going to do it, I HAVE to get some new kicks asap. I keep doubting that I can do it though and chicken out. I know I can do it....I just need to work myself up to running 5K. How long does 5K usually take anyway?