Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Holding on for dear life....

This has been my relationship with the weight loss wagon over the past week. I just can't seem to get that motivation going. Over the long weekend, I ate my face off and on Tuesday morning, I don't think I've ever felt so horrible. We just had so much going on over the weekend. We were so busy painting and working on the house, it was just easier to BBQ some hot dogs or order from the pizza shack then to actually plan out and cook a good meal. Our kitchen still isn't entirely finished...should be done tonight though! That makes it even more difficult since all of our pots and pans are still packed up. We also had a housewarming party to go to with tonnes of food and of course there was no shortage of wine either....BUT that is no excuse right?? I need to smarten up and be strong!

I keep making excuses and saying that at the end of the summer, I'll get back to my serious old weight loss mode but if I don't smarten up, I'm going to have more than 15 lbs to lose by the end of the summer! I get so frustrated with myself but I just can't help it. I've created this awful habit that has led me to believe that I can eat whatever I want from Friday night to Sunday night as long as I am good all week. It's so hard to break! It's like as soon as Friday comes, I start craving junk food...chocolate and those damn swedish berries...they get me everytime!

On the exercise front...I have completely let go of the wagon. Grrr. I haven't worked out in 3 weeks! To my defense though I have been painting almost every single night and have been working around the house non stop. Basically, Scott and I come home from work, eat supper and then paint and work on the house for about 3 hours before we crash. So it's not like I have been sitting on the couch every night but still, I miss my walks and I am REALLY looking forward to starting the C25K program! It's just hard to find the time. We are having our hosuewarming party in 2.5 weeks and there is so much left to do to get ready for it. I would like to have everything painted by then and the stress of possibly not having it done is causing me to lose sleep at night! So I know once we get that over with, I'll have a little more time to myself and I'll be able to really commit to the program.

Well I think I thrown enough negative energy out there today...I just really need some motivation this week....any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. carolyn! i am so with you on this one girl. i dont know whats gotten into me lately. but its almost like i need a summer vacation from my diet. i dont want to do it anymore. i'm good during the week...well, i'm okay during the week lately. on the weekends i do whatever i want on saturday and usually get somewhat back on track by friday. but i'm on the high end of my comfortable weight zone and i dont seem to be doing anything about it, ya know? i know i should be everyday i think of a reason why i want to eat a bagel or ice cream, etc. i want to go out to eat and drinks like everyone else is and stop thinking about points and calories and exercising. agh!! hopefully i will get it together soon, i feel like i am going to be burnt out on my flexible eating habits and go back to being stricter. my only advice is, visualize the scale saying 5 - 10 - 15 lbs more than it is now and use that as motivation. the second my scale goes about my comfortable weight, i think i will probably get my rear in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you too. You just need to get to that point where you are really ready and you can do it. I know it's so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No suggestions chick, I have been doing exactly what you have.... it's an awful cycle to break out of... and procrastination is the enemy! Hope you (and I) can find our mojo again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cut yourself a bit of slack! You're re-vamping the house and it is ALMOST finished! I think instead of trying to figure out how to get your exhausted body to find additional time to exercise, for now, maybe just try to order-in from a healthier establishment than the grease-a-licious pizza shack. I know how it goes though, you're in a tough spot.

    Light at the end of the tunnel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there and expect the best from everything that you take from something. Hang in there and you can do it.

    Visit me at finalfifty.com It's a place to lose weight fast and try to reckon with villains that consume the time in calories and grams of fat in just minutes.

    "The Captain"

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the record I didn't leave that last idiotic comment.
    jeff

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!