Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Long weekend recap...and my 100th post!

I've been slightly MIA since last week. Not because I fell off the wagon or anything (although I did have a weekend FULL of good food and lots of wine!) but only because I have been on vacation and have been enjoying the time with my hubby and getting out to enjoy the outdoors.

But today it is back to reality, back to work and back to my meal plan. Actually Monday and Tuesday were on plan (with the exception of a small teeny tiny love affair with a brownie on Monday night) I feel good about getting back on track and last night Scott and I went for a 35 min power walk. It's not much but I NEED to get back in the habit of exercising regularly. Last night I realised how much I actually miss it. It felt so good after I was done and I could feel that all too familiar burn in my legs and butt which only reminds me of how long it's been since I have gotten out to get any exercise. I plan on getting in 2 more 45 min power walks before the week is over and next week I am hoping to get in 4 good 45 min walks to gear myself up for the C25K program. I may just start it next week though. For those of you who have completed the program....did you jump right in or did you try to get your exercise groove back before diving in head first?
I'm also contemplating buying a mini trampoline. A friend of mine swears by hers. Especially during the winter she just puts it in front of her TV and watches TV for an hour or so and she says she gets a great workout. Anyone have one??? I think it would be great for the winter when walking outside isn't always an option. And I've heard those thing are great for your legs and butt. I'm going to go check them out this weekend I think. I'd LOVE to get some feedback form you guys though!
So we had our housewarming party on Saturday and we had so much fun! We had about 45 people show up which was great and we got tonnes of great presents!! We had a sweet bonfire and a washer tournament (for any of you that are form the country!)

Here are a couple of pictures from the night. Surprisingly I was looking through the pictures for pictures of our house and there are NONE!! I wanted to show off all the renos that we have done and all the great colors we chose for the house but I will have to post them this weekend. I have some great before and afters! This one on the right is of me and a few of my friends. Not the most flattering pic as I'm kind of straddling the camping chair!! The one on the left is CLASSIC Carolyn. It's too funny. This picture sums me up perfectly. Smile on my face, glass of wine in my hand (almost empty, as it usually is), holding on to one of my best friends. This is when I am happiest! (also you could insert my husband where my friend is!! haha) It was a great night and we all had a great time but what a mess! I spent 2 hours the next morning cleaning up after my messy friends! People keep posting up new pics on Facebook so I may have some more shortly.
Can't wait to check up on all of your blogs! I've got a ton of reading to do! Take care!

7 comments:

  1. awww - what happy pics!

    I never did the C25K program but ran on my own just doing intervals at whatever I felt comfortable with. A lot of people find those podcasts helpful to keep on track. you might want to check them out.

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just dive right in - the program is designed to take you from the couch!

    I'd be interested to hear what comments you get on the mini tramp. I don't know much about them either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute pics! i'm really interested in the trampoline idea---that could be great fun during the winter. let us know if you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like SUCH a great time! I'm sure everyone was extremely impressed with your handy-woman skillz.

    Can't wait to see those before and afters!

    Have a terrific 3 day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics!! You look so happy and beautiful in them!!

    When I did the C25K program I just jumped right into it. I don;t think the first week is that hard, or it wasn't for me. As it went on though some weeks were harder than others, but at the end of the program I was running for 60 mins straight with no breaks. SO YOU CAN DO IT!
    Do you have the ipod verison of it, or are you timing yourself? If you don't have the podcast of it, I suggest downloading it. It makes it so much easier hearing someone say run, walk, run , walk. The music isn't all that great, but it's worth it, and it's FREE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carolyn! Just discovered your blog today, and despite recent struggles, your weight loss has been amazing! Don't ever forget how far you've come! Would love ot see what you've done with the new place, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 your pictures!. . .even tho they are TINY!! :P

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!