Friday, April 25, 2008

8 Weeks til Summer Challenge!!

Alright Ladies. Summer is coming, there's no way to stop it. Short, skirts, tank tops, bathing suits, it's inevitable. Do you really want to go through another summer not loving your legs in a pair of shorts, or wearing a t-shirt over your bathing suit, or suffering from thigh chaffing (hey, it happens)??? Here we are, on the brink of hitting our summer goals. I say this because I know we can ALL reach our goals, whatever your goal may be, in 8 weeks you can do it. Whether your goal is to hit the gym 4 times a week, or to lose 10 lbs, we are all going to get there. So here's the deal...


1. Pick a goal. It can be to lose 10 lbs, to hit the gym 4 times a week, to stay on track on the weekends, to break the "up a pound, down a pound" cycle, to look smoking hot in your wedding gown, whatever. All I ask is that you choose something that's challenging to you. Push yourself. It's YOUR goal. You name it, you rock it!

2. E-mail me or comment to let me know that you're in, what your goal is, and how you are going to kick some serious butt.

3. I will ask everyone to check in with me every 2 weeks (dates to follow). Update me on how your doing with the challenge, your struggles your triumphs and most importantly, your successes! (ohhh there will be plenty of successes ladies!) Before and After pics are always a great measure too!

4. I will post updates every 2 weeks and other sporadic updates as I read your blogs and see you ladies kicking butt and taking names.

5. Check out the blogs of the other challengers! Very important, chances are you have a similar goal to the next blogger or it's a goal you've been working toward and achieved. Many of us have gotten here today due to the inspiring posts and constant encouragement of other bloggers. We've all been "down that road" before and we've learned from it. All these ladies are unbelievably intelligent, witty, and wise, so use them! Soak it up, they may have thought of something that you might not of!

I will post the official Start of the Challenge on Monday so you have until Sunday night to join in, think of your challenge, and get it to me. Here are a few ladies who are ready to rock the next 8 weeks....


Jen - Jen wants to get in 52 gym sessions/workouts in the next 56 days. I love this girl for setting the bar so high! We'll all be counting the days along with you Jen!

Randi - Challenging herself to put more structure in her menu. Want to add a weight loss goal to that too Randi? We all know you love challenges! ***She's going to lose 1 inch from her waist too!
Kelly - Challenging herself to get in 3 workouts a week. Hmmm I know you Kelly, I know you can get in 4 every week! What do you think?!

Shannon - Wants to hit 130! She's so close! (and already smokin hot!)

Shelley - Wants to see those 140s once again (I'm soo with ya Shelley, except it would be my first time seeing them!)

Jenn - Wants to kick Billy Blanks butt and lose 8 lbs....AND be a "buff bride"!

Anneliese - Wants to lose 13 lbs and see that magical 145 on the scale.

Leigh Anne - Wants to meet all requirements for Canada's Food guide...and to drink all daily water before hitting up the diet Pepsi. Drink up!

Carolyn (ME!) - I want to start holding myself accountable on the weekends. Count EVERY point...and I'd just love to see the 140s (It's about 5 lbs away)

Krista, Christy, Eurydice, Fatinah - I'm counting you ladies in since you wanted in but I need to get some goals :)
Everyone else is welcome to buy in...just let me know the details. Those who are already in can change your challenge before Monday, just let me know.

***Update

Jaimie - just stepped it up and joined the challenge! Sweet! She's got a good one too, she's challenging herself to 52 workouts in the next 56 days, Wowsa! That's exactly why this girl rocks!

Jennifer - is trying to get back into size 10 American Eagle shorts (the sizes run so small there!) She's also challenging herself to a 40 min run, 3 times a week.

Christina - wants to lose 10 lbs and exercise 5 days a week (I think I'm going to join you on the 5 day a week rule. We can soooo do that right?)

Vanessa - just joined! She wants to lose 8 lbs and log in 1500 mins of exercise. (She's got some ever popular skinny jeans to reunite with)

Suzi - is in too. Goal is to exercise 5 times a week and to shed 12 lbs. Thanks for joining!

31 comments:

  1. OK, I know I said I wasn't in because I couldn't come up with a challenge for while I'm on holidays...but since I'm going home and not to a resort or something I think I can still challenge myself to do the 8 Healthy Guidelines every day. I'll match Jen and aim for 52 out of 56 days. Oooooooh, I get to buy new stickers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for this challenge!!! Its just what I need to put my butt into gear! Mr. Blanks kicked my butt last night, but after the next few weeks are up - I'll be kicking his for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this pair of size 10 American Eagle shorts that are still waaaaay too snug. I think my goal is going to be to run 40 minutes 3 times a week so I can tone up enough to fit into those darn shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so cute! i love this, i'm excited :) so far i'm already on track. i am heading down to the gym after work though to get in my 4th day of gym time for the week. i should aim for 4 but i think i want to stick with 3. maybe mid way i'll kick it up to 4. i'm just trying to get readjusting to get my butt back in the gym on more of a daily basis. i also need to do what you said and get to the gym or do something active on the weekends! they are a downfall.

    bikini season here we come!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.k i'm in ;) For the next 8 weeks i will exercise at least 5x/week and lose 12 pounds!!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya-hoo!!!! LOVE THIS!!!!

    OK, better goal for myself:
    Structure-ize the food, stick to my training plan (I know what this is but can give you details if you need em), and by doing so - lose 1 inch from belly!!!! I can totally do this! (I don't care about the scale, I want abs!)

    LOVE everyone else's goals too! Let's kick ass ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm new to your blog, but I want in! I want to lose 8 pounds, get 1500 minutes of exercise in and get back into my skinny jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I am soo in. Ok here's my objective...lose 10 lbs at least, exercise 5 days a week, and stop mindless eating :) I am so excited Car, thanks for starting this

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in!!! My goal is to hit the 100 pound mark which is basically to lose another 22.4 pounds. And to do at least some type of physical activity at least 5 out of 7 days a week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in!!

    My goals will be to exercise 5x a week and to run 7 miles without stopping.

    No weight loss goals as I tend to get frustrated if I'm not losing "fast enough."

    My blog is browneyedmaris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm new to blogging, but I've been reading your blog for awhile. I'd love to join, if I can! My goal is to workout 4x a week and lose 12 pounds in the next 8 weeks (at least).

    ReplyDelete
  12. my goal is 8lbs in 8 weeks. This is my goal because of late, I have been able to loose between .5 & .8 per week. I plan to achieve this by: making better choices with my pts and turning the burner up on my calorie burning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goal is to not give into Candy cravings when I am upset, tired or stressed out. Also, I want to complete a locak 8k on July 27th - even if that means a combination walk/run

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY! I love how many people are going in this!!!

    *laughs* and because Jaime is copying me, I am going to copy her!! I am going to add the 8 Healthy Guidelines every day to keep me in check!!! (I actually read that on her blog first and I was like, WOW, good idea!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, I'm doing it. My goal is to get back to where I was this time last year which will enable me to fit into all my summer pants. Yes, I mean all. And this may be a challenge for a few pair. Having said that, I' aiming for losing 7 pounds and exercising at least 6 times a week. The exercise will be at least 4 activity points per day for those o the WW plan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry, I can't seem to type. Pls excuse the blips!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alright i'm going to add a weight loss component to my goal because honestly that's a big part of why I'm doing the other goals. I'd like to lose 12 pounds in the next 8 weeks. A lofty goal indeed but one which will put me within sight of my goals weight.

    Leigh Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok, I am going to set a pretty high goal, so we'll see how close I can get. I want to be under 200 lbs in 8 weeks (I'm 219.6 right now, but I WI on Monday and I'm hoping to see a decent loss). My weight loss has stalled recently, and I really need something to help me get back on track. To accomplish that, I am going to challenge myself to exercise 4 times a week, every week. That is not going to be easy. While I do get exercise in, it's so sporadic (last week I exercised 5 times, this week ZERO). So there it is!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What amazing timing, please count me in, Carolyn!

    I think I can lose 10 big one's in 8 weeks. No, I *will* lose them in eight weeks.

    I'm going to exercise 32 times in the next eight weeks, at a minimum.

    Thanks for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in! This last bit of baby weight needs to come off! My goal is to workout 5xs a week and to lose 18lbs...and to do sit ups before bed 5xs a week too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in. I'm going to go with dropping 15 pounds and working out 5 times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OK, I'm in. My goal is to be able to walk up my VERY steep driveway without stopping even once! I just started walking this past week and am doing 1 mile every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is exactly why I love Carolyn! lol Yep, I'm in too girl! I announced "Operation Wedding Dress" a while ago and haven't gotten boogie-ing on it quite like I would have liked, so my goal is to be hit 163 in eight weeks. That's technically 2-ish lbs/wk from my post-Cuba weight and I'm ready to do it like nothing else because I'VE GOT A WEDDING DRESS TO WEAR!!! Yaaaaay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it! All this enthusiasm, I want in too :)

    So my goals
    - lose 10 pounds
    - work out at least 4 times a week
    - get up to running for 25 min straight! (without stopping to walk in the middle)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm in. I need a good kick in up the butt. I'm dreading summer. I want to lose 10 pounds and exercise for 1 hour five days a week. My blog is blank right now, but I plan to up date it with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm in! I want to step up my exercise regiment. So far I've just been walking 2-3 times a week. Last week I started c25k (Couch to 5k) which is a 9-week interval training regiment that'll have me running a 5k by the end of 9 weeks. So I have 8 more weeks to go, so I'll make this a 2-part challenge. #1, to be able to run a 5k within the next 8 weeks, and #2 I want to lose 12 pounds doing it! I imagine I'll have to add some other exercises to my daily routine (sit ups, push ups, etc.) but the main thing is to make it a daily routine for the next 8 weeks! (I'm so psyched!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can I totally join in?
    I would love to lose 10 lbs and work out 5 days a week for the challenge time-thank you so much for the kick in the tush!
    Amy
    www.amyruggiero.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Carolyn -- Enjoy your blog! I'm in for the challenge. My goal is to hit onederland, 10%, and lose at least 8 pounds before the end of May. Good luck to everyone! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, Hope I'm not too late. I think it is 1am in your time zone! I challenge myself to lose 6 pounds in the 8 weeks. I'm not trying for more because I tend to fail. This time I want to succeed. My blog is linked off my profile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. If it's not too late, I would love to join your challenge! My goal is to lose 7 pounds in the next 8 weeks. I am also aiming to get at least 2 liters of water in each day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ok - here are my goals:

    1) to run 15 miles per week. and

    2) try one new vegetable every week.

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!