Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm Back!

So I've been away for a little while. Sometimes life just gets in the way, ya know? But I've missed blogging! and I've missed reading your blogs everyday...although I have been keeping tabs on you ladies, just haven't done much commenting lately. What's been going on with me? (in case you were wondering...c'mon I know you were!)

1. Birthdays, Mine, 2 close friends have passed, and Scott's is coming up on Monday. Birthdays, I have concluded, equal cake and wine and ice cream. Not good.

2. Weekends are still a bust for me. I can't seem to keep it on track. Although I have been doing much better and I haven't been throwing complete caution to the wind, but I have let it get a little carried away at times. Seriously Carolyn...Peanut Butter cups as an after dinner snack on Sunday???

3. Weddings!!!! I am the maid of honor in a wedding on Saturday so that has seriously taken up most of my spare time. Showers, Stagettes, wedding favors, cake ordering, dress altering, you name it. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner and tomorrow is the actually rehearsal. Saturday is the wedding and Sunday is a wedding brunch. 4 day wedding anyone?

4. I am still hovering around the same weight. 154ish. I'd like to get down to 149. Wow 5 lbs just seems like such a little amount of weight but it has been like 8 months since I've been there. Isn't that crazy??? Ugh. That sounds so depressing.

5. If you haven't checked it out. Check out Randi's bikini pics....seriously. If I was her I would be wearing a bikini to work everyday. You look AMAZING Randi!!!

Now 5 random reasons why I am awesome: (I sound like Randi)

1. I love going to the gym now! & when I am there, I push myself. I will do a good 45 min intense cardio workout and then just when I am just about to finish with about 2 minutes left, I challenge myself to 5 or 10 more minutes. I love this about me. I also don't feel right if I don't go to the gym Monday through Friday. I need to get those 5 days in. I just feel off if I can't make it.

2. I bought 2 new bikinis for Dominican and can't wait to get in them. Granted I certainly don't have the toned abs that Randi does (losing 70 lbs has left me with a few little stretch marks that I am NOT happy about. But they are a reminder of how far I've come I guess. They are barely noticeable but to me they stick out like a sore thumb.......hmm...does a sore thumb really stick out? When you think about it, what an odd expression...) I would post bikini pics but I'm not sure I have the courage...

3. I love my body. I do, I love it. It has it's flaws. My thighs are not as toned as I'd like them to be, along with my butt, but over all I know I look good, even great. I get checked out at the gym and 2 weekends ago, when we had a girls night out, 1 guy offered to buy me a drink and another tried to pick me up (with some super cheesy pick up lines!) Of course I'm happily married but it's still flattering!

4. At work yesterday, there was a Birthday in my department. We all got together and had the most insanely delicious chocolate caramel cake. I asked for just a small small piece, had a few bites and then rolled the rest of it up (it was the best part too with all the icing!) in a napkin and tossed it when no one was looking. Sweet.

5. I'm finally buying girly clothes! Last weekend I bought my first strapless bra (I could never wear them before because I was always so heavy chested and there was just no support.) So in honor of my first strapless bra, I went out and bought 3 strapless tops for Dominican and a fancy black skirt. Plus a pair of sandals, and two tanks tops, and a bikini. I'm way overbuying for a vacation where I'll most likely just wear bathing suits and wraps most of the time!

I'm off to check up on you ladies!

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad your back! I've been wondering about you.

    Birthdays are so much fun - but at the same time they kind of suck. Good job at throwing away the cake!!!

    Yay for all of the wedding fun!!!! I can't wait for my turn. :)

    I'm in the same boat as you with the weight thing. I jus twant to weight 145 - consistently. Got almost there a few weeks ago, and now I'm back upt o 149. I can't get away from 149. damnit....

    Good job rocking the gym!! You're gonna be a hottie in your bikinis on the beach. I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I am so happy you are back, I missed you. Glad to see you are still keeping up and not letting all those events in your life get in the way, you are one busy girl! I'm always happy when I read your blog, always so inspiring. Have fun tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, I started a picture blog, but made it private....I think it will be nice to have a record of my journey. Plus, I'm really hoping that having to take my picture in a swimsuit every week will keep me on the straight and narrow. HA - of course, that didn't work the first week!!

    Anyhow - glad you're back!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are getting back to blogging. I have missed you. You know, it's funny. I look at your pic and you look GOOD. Then I see you weigh just a few pounds less than I do and I feel so HEAVY still. Gotta be more realistic with myself , huh?

    So fun to buy girlie clothes. Enjoy your skinny little body!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally didn't wonder what you were up too ;p (JUST KIDDING!!!)

    You are one busy busy lady!!!! That's a LOT of wedding excitement...and wow, 4 days...you will probably be glad when you are done with it!!!

    I am so glad that YOU finally see what a hottie you are! You are going to be the most gorgeous chick in the dominican! And you will rock those bikinis (and the strapless tops!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude it's totally the best to talk about how awesome you are all the time, all the cool kids are doing it... ;)

    Thanks for the compliments honey! I know we're always hardest on ourselves but I still am not ready to wear a bikini in public (only on the internet which is totally private right...)

    Now stay back this time so we can help keep you in line! dominican is right away!

    have fun at the wedding festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear from you again!

    Sounds like your doing great staying on track as much as your have with all those events, kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome back! sounds like you've been really busy and i relate to that for sure! i wouldn't worry about being 'stuck' - i was in the 160s forever and now i'm stuck in the 150s... i just tried to accept that my body will lose, when it's ready and willing... :o)

    have fun at the wedding - sounds like a great time! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your life really is busy! birthdays... weddings... crazy!

    i love how you love your body, flaws and all. it's very inspirational. and i agree - randi looks amazing in her bikini!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dammit I missed your posts! So glad you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i hear you! life is so busy and work is where i usually blog...and i havent been able to get free time. i love it, i like being busy but i miss the blog friends!

    happy belated bday! i have a wedding this weekend too, have fun! :)

    ill try to blog more, posted one today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you updated! Missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great feeling to get the strapless bra and the strapless tops. What an accomplishment. My arms are still way to flabby for anything like that. But one day I'll be there.

    glad you're back!!

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!