This weekend I did pretty good, we went out to eat at East Side Mario's and I had pasta and a dessert that was to die for (Peanut Butter Stack from East Side's Mario's....HIGHLY recommend it). I did save all my flex points for the weekend though so I did pretty good. I had a really nice weekend. Yesterday Sarah and I got up early and headed down to Calais in search of new low fat products. I found a few great new items but here is a list of the things I picked up.
- WW 2 point Bagels
- Light Flatout Wraps in Original, Italian Herb, Sundried Tomato (Lots of them!!)
- Breyer's Low Fat Strawberry Cheesecake Yogurt
- 100 Calorie Hostess Chocolate cupcakes (only 1 point for 3 cupcakes!!!!)
- Fiber one Bars (Peanut Butter)
- Quaker Chocolate Crunch Rice Cakes
- Hormel Turkey Pepperoni
- Philadelphia Low fat Onion and Herb cream cheese
- Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup (for low fat milkshakes, I'll have to experiment to find a really good recipe but I will keep you informed!)
- Pillsbury Reduced Fat Cinnamon Rolls (WOW!!!)
- Laughing Cow Cheese light Herb and Garlic Flavour
I will try each of the new items and let you know how they turn out. Last night we had my sister in law over for dinner and for dessert, I popped in the reduced fat cinnamon rolls. They are unbelievable!!! I really wasn't expecting much because sometimes I find the reduced fat version of products such as Cinnamon rolls are really lacking in the flavor department but these were AMAZING!!! The whole tube makes 8 rolls about the size of your fist. They are 140 Calories, 3.5 grams of fat and 1 gram of fibre so they are 3 points. PLUS it comes with ooey gooey yummy icing too to drizzle over the rolls. If you can find them (we don't have them here in New Brunswick) run out and get them and serve them next time you have company!!! They also come in a sugar free variety and are made with Splenda but I couldn't find those ones anywhere, they are even less and weigh in a 2 points each!
Tonight for dinner I think we are going to try out a new recipe from Hungry Girl for Chicken strips. Yesterday in Calais I picked up some Fiber One and I am going to experiment with making low fat chicken strips on the George Foreman (of course, I love George!) Here is the link if you want to check it out, I will let you know how it goes. Chicken Strips.
Today I am looking forward to doing a little relaxing but it is nice out so I would like to get out for a walk. I also have a few errands to run and Scott and I are hoping to hit up some open houses so I hope you all had a great weekend!!