Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day 1 - Exercise: Check.....Avoiding Christmas Baking: Check!

So my plan for this week and next week is basically to take it day by day. I really think that's the only way to get through this Holiday Season. I've made goals for myself each and everyday this week to help me stay accountable and not go crazy on the Holidays (and gain 7 lbs like I did last year!) Most of them are redundant but hey...that Christmas baking is damn good so everyday that I get through and don't have any, is a huge victory. Especially since I'm still baking and hubby is still indulging!

Day 1 Monday:
- Stay away from Christmas baking
- 50 mins of Cardio
-Stay away from Christmas Buffet

Accomplished both goals!!
30 mins StairMaster and 20 mins elliptical & Stayed away from all Christmas baking! I even made up the trays for my potluck tomorrow and didn't even have one little nibble of anything. I did have 3 pieces of Broccoli form the Christmas buffet at work but I dipped it in lowfat Ranch and counted the points.

Day 2 Tuesday:
- Stay away from Christmas baking
- 50 mins of Cardio
- Stay away from Christmas Buffet at work

Day 3 Wednesday:
- Stay away from Christmas Baking
- 15 mins Cardio 45 mins Strength Training
- Christmas buffet at work for lunch (my dept's turn to do the table so I want to try everyone's goodies but I'll limit myself to fruit, veggies, 2 meatballs and count ALL my points!)

Day 4 Thursday:
-Stay away from Christmas baking
- 60 min Yoga class
- Eat all meals at home

Day 5 Friday:
- Some form of activity (probably shopping since I'm taking my 2 yr old Niece for the morning and I have a feeling she'd love to go see Santa)
- Stay away from Christmas baking
- Eat all meal at home
- Limit my wine intake (might get together with the girls)

Thursday and Friday are going to be tough since Hubby and I are taking a vacation day those days (YAY vacation!) so I won't have the routine of my workday but I also won't have the temptation of the Christmas Buffet table at work. We'll be keeping pretty busy bu my goal is to eat all of my meals at home. That will keep me from chowing down at any fast food joints.

Menu for Today:

1.5 C All Bran - 2pts
1/2 C Milk (Skim) - 1pt
1/2 V8 Juice - 0pts
Multivitamin

Tuna Sandwich - 3pts
1 orange - 1pt
All Bran Bites - 1pt
Banana before workout - 2pts

4 oz Ham w/mustard - 4pts
1/2 cup packaged Herb & Wild Rice - 4pts
Mixed Veggies - 0pts
Becel - 1pt

Total: 19 points

May have a snack later but it will only be 1 pt.

So what do we think ladies? Any suggestions on my eating, exercise or goals?? Bring it on!

9 comments:

  1. This is just me, but I wouldn't be able to just "stay away" from Christmas baking. I think it's ok to have a few treats this time of year. If you feel like you're missing out, you could change your goal to one piece of Christmas baking/day. I think I need to make that my daily goal as well, stop this mindless munching (why did I take some of it out of the freezer? Why?)

    I really love the daily goal thing. I think I'm gonna make some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boooyah! That's a major awesome kick ass day! Awesome! Me? Not so much! lol Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!! I think that is so great that you accomplished those goals yesterday!!!

    I agree with Randi, is there a way you can work one treat into your day? or every couple of days??? just take one treat out of the freezer and look forward to it all day?

    I, too, might steal the daily goals idea!! I think it would help make me feel like I am accomplishing something!!!

    Good luck with your vacation days...I find it tough when I am out shopping ESPECIALLY when it is crazy busy around town and you get super stressed, but I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm...baking.

    work the treats in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great plan, I know you can stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carolyn, I see you've encluded your exercise into the written plan - knew it was there somewhere. Looks like you're doing great. I was posting somewhere else the other day that the Christmas treats just don't look as good as I feel this year. I do, however, have a planned treat on Wednesday and Friday with my coffee - keeps the deprivation at bay. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your weekly plan sounds wonderful, Carolyn! Having those written goals will make it so much easier for you to stick with them. Make sure you go back and read them from time to time. I also agree with those who have said that deprivation is not the way to go. Plan a treat instead of saying no. That way you won't be overly tempted. I plan to do a little indulging on Christmas day, but it will be totally planned out--so I am not calling it cheating. Good luck! You CAN do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hm, I say go with the mood. Sometimes I really feel like a treat, sometimes I just pick because it's there. I think having a general attitude of staying away from the Christmas baking is fine, (knowing that if you do really want something, you're not going to beat yourself up over it.)

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!