Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Firmly planted on the Wagon.

That's it. I've had enough. My pants are tight, I'm not drinking enough water, the scale showed me a horrible number this morning and I just feel gross. I had a great Holiday but now it's time to come back to reality...even with a few extra pounds. I can't ignore them any longer. Time to start kicking butt again and get rid of these extra pounds. I knew that staying away from the gym for almost 2 weeks and basically eating whatever I want for 2 weeks was going to take a toll but this morning, the scale shocked me back to reality. I knew those awful pounds were there; I could feel it in the way my clothes fit, and that extra jiggle I can feel in my thighs. Ugh. I do it every year.

BUT....

No need to dwell on it now. Those extra pounds are already there but they aren't staying. I'm actually quite happy to be back on track. Last night I was anxious to start the day today on track and back at the gym. I feel more in control already. I've got my litre of water at my side and a nice healthy low point lunch packed up. It's on. I decided this morning that my next weigh in will be two weeks from Friday. January 18. I figure this gives me enough time to get back in the zone and not obsess over these few pounds that I am carrying. Hopefully most of them will be gone by then. My goal is to stay completely OP AND hit the gym at least 4 times each week. My minimum gym time/week is 180 mins. In that, I'm going to incorporate some strength training as well.

New Year's was great. I had a little too much wine on Monday night and WAY too much to eat all day on Tuesday. I completely let the "this is your LAST cheat day, better make good use of it" mentality get to me and I had a huge breakfast of bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, and pancakes Supper consisted of nachos and peanut butter cups. How awful is that??? Ahh well. I enjoyed it. Nothing I can do about it now right? Except get my (bigger-than-last-week) butt back on track.

Hope everyone had a great New Year's! Anyone come up with any resolutions yet? I've got a few to jot down...

1. Strength training at least 2 times a week
2. More outdoor activities such as skating, sliding etc.
3. Attend more fitness classes
4. Spend more time in the kitchen trying new recipes
5. Be more open minded (I'm a huge "plan" person. I like to have everything planned out and it gets to me when I have to deviate from my plan in any way. I need to be more go-with-the-flow, like my husband is.)

That should start me off. What about you ladies?

PS - I went to see P.S. I Love You and it is amazing!! Make plans and go see it right now! (or don't make plans and spontaneously go to the movie theatre on a whim....see? I'm trying!!)

Also check out Roni's Popcorn and a movie contest here from Orville Redenbacher! Mmmmm Popcorn.

19 comments:

  1. I like your list of goals! I agree with you. Don't dwell on the extra pounds, they will be gone soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindset is so important...this is a great day for new beginnings!
    I saw National Treasure and loved it...lots of action!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for jumping back on track with such gusto!!!

    And your Tuesday food? How did you do all that? I'm sure you must have just felt STUFFED after that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carolyn! Aren't you glad the holidays are over? I'm sorry you gained a few pounds but I know you'll get them right back off. Somehow (not sure HOW I did it) I managed to stay completely focused and and managed not to blow it at all. That is a miracle! Anyway, good luck with your goals. They sound perfect and you will see good results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a great idea to wait two weeks!!!! I keep stepping on the scale and getting down on myself!!! I have eaten WAY too much over the past couple of days...not so nice to see the next morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm right there with you - mr. scale did not show a pretty number this morning but also ate a lot of crap last night, just because i wanted too... regardless, being back at work and back on a normal workout schedule will do me a world of good... i've cleaned my slate and today is the beginning of a new week... :o)

    p.s. nachos and peanut butter cups! yummy! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are similar goals in our lists :)

    Like you - I was quite excited to start back at it today. I find it so hard to get motivated in the middle of a holiday. I look back and know I totally enjoyed my holidays and like you said, with a few extra pounds, but they aren't here to stay!

    That scale was evil this morning wasn't it? But maybe it's what we both needed to get our butts in gear!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for being back on the wagon - good luck! I bet the pounds will come right off again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow I love how possitive you are, maybe I will do some of the things you have to do too...:) Thanks for sharing gave me some ideas

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm happy to hear you are back on track...

    and also, you commented on my last post about the cookie... well, i was talking about a "special" cookie. i ate many more than one "regular" cookie, chips, chocolate, nuts and bolts, etc. as well. i wouldn't feel bad about one cookie haha. but the "special" cookie made me feel a little bad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think a majority of us are carrying a few extra pounds from the holidays, but at least we enjoyed it, and at least we got back on the wagon before those few turned into ALOT!

    Sounds like you have some great goals for the new year, I know you can do it!

    I seen PS I love you this weekend and just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ack! Wine gets me every time too.
    Carolyn - those extra few pounds are mostly water weight, and they'll be gone in NO time. I'm glad you enjoyed your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are not alone...I think most of us are feeling kind of gross after the holiday. We are all jumping on the wagon!

    Good luck going forward. I know you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love resolutions! From what I've been reading about goal setting you're supposed to set very specific goals, for example instead of "spend more time in the kitchen on new recipes" you could say, "make one new recipe a week". Obviously you won't make it 100% but you'll have a more solid thing to aim for and will be able to tell if you're doing it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let's go girl and take 2008 by storm! We can't change what we've already done, only what we can still do.

    I'm definately going to see P.S. I love you - my friend said the same thing and she's going to see it again with me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My pants are tight too, so not cool. We can do this!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am right there with you, tight pants and all. I gained almost 6 pounds in the month of December. But thankfully it is the new year so we can do this and get right back on the wagon. I have been OP for two days and even earned activity points. Woohoo. We can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am right there with you, tight pants and all. I gained almost 6 pounds in the month of December. But thankfully it is the new year so we can do this and get right back on the wagon. I have been OP for two days and even earned activity points. Woohoo. We can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. THANK YOU!!!!

    Your comment totally kicked me in the butt yesterday, and I got to the gym. I kept thinking, "Gee - I can't let Carolyn down!" - and you actually checked up on me. Thank you, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!