Sunday, March 4, 2007

Exhausted!

Just got back from Fredericton and I had a ball with Gracie (my 13 month old niece) and Andrew and Erica (my brother and sister-in-law) too of course! We had a little girls day out shopping trip and Gracie had a blast at the mall! She was talking to everyone who walked by.
Why is it that whenever we are away from home, we feel like we are on vacation, or we aren't accountable?? This weekend in Fredericton, I did stay within my points (of course I used all my flex points!) but I was also a lot more lenient than I would have been at home. All in all though I had a great weekend with my family!
Having said that...Grace is a little ball of energy and I am exhausted!! Kudos to Erica who is a full time Mom, I don't know where her energy comes from! I certainly got a workout today playing with the little munchkin! I posted a pic of her (mainly because I want to show her off) She could quite possibly be the world's most adorable baby! (no bias here) She changes so much everytime I see her and she is so curious. She is even starting to get a little attitude. She has so much personality and I just love her so much!
Erica and I were looking through some old pictures last night and I can't count how many times I had to cringe when I saw my "old self". It is difficult to see me with about 60 more lbs on. I look at that person and I feel like it is someone else. I feel so sad for the person in the picture because I know how bad she felt about herself, how self conscious she was. I wish I could have turned back time and told her what I know now. But you live, you learn. And they do say that hindsight is 20/20!

Here is today's rundown.

Breakfast:
1 cup of cereal (Oatmeal Crisp) 3
1/4 cup 1 % milk 0.5
1 Cup of grapes 1
Total: 4.5

Lunch:
Leftover homemade Lasagna 8
(even better the second time around!)
Caesar Salad 5
ANOTHER piece of Blueberry Pie 8
Total: 25.5

Supper:
Undecided...I'm not very hungry as lunch was pretty filling.
I may just make a light salad later tonight.

Hope all is well with everyone, once again, Thanks for all the feedback!

Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. Awe.... it is so nice to see someone else braggin about my kid besides me.. hahahah

    I love your blog! I read it everyday and I learn so much from it!

    Missing you already! Come visit again soon k?
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww she is so adorable I could see why you would want to brag on her of course!

    Great job this weekend though of still sticking within points even if it did include flex pts! Im the same way though it seems if Im not home its like I can splurge and not feel bad because well its something different I guess.

    I could have said the same thing about old pictures I know Im still losing but can see so much different even with 25 lbs lost and just think how come its taken me this long to figure out I could really do it and succeed!!

    Oh and thanks so much for the Cadbury Thins recommendation Ive honestly never seen them here but will definitely be on the lookout for them.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a fab new recipe for Brussell Sprouts!! 4 cups of BS, cook for 6 minutes, drain.. add 1 tsp of lemon zest and 2 tsp of lemon juice and a pat of butter!!! (could use butter spray also) Very Very Good.. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!