Monday, October 29, 2007

Help!

Ohhhhhh ladies. Where do I even begin?

I was doing so good until Friday at 4:30 when I got off work and decided to skip the gym in lieu of shopping with Hubby. I was all determined to go to the gym and get in a quick workout before date night with hubby. Then hubby decided to leave work early and meet me at my work at 4:30. He didn't have his gym clothes so we ended up at Walmart instead of the gym. (NOT that this is his fault in ANY way! I know he would have occupied himself for 40 mins if I had insisted on hitting the gym.) But I didn't. So we shopped a little and then hit Swiss Chalet for supper (I love this place!) I stuck with my menu plan and ordered the Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich with a baked potato. We also ordered Chicken Spring Rolls as an appetizer (YUM!) Then came the end of the meal. That dreaded time when the waitress comes over and asks you if you want dessert? Why didn't I say no??? WHY?

Instead I followed Scott's lead and ordered a Sundae. To my defense I tried to get it with frozen yogurt but they didn't have any. Luckily it wasn't huge and the amount of ice cream was limited but it was soo yummy! I should add that I also stuck to my movie plan and got a 100 calorie Aero bar and a bag of Baked Doritos. On a positive note, we had such a great date night!
Saturday came and I did great until the party started. I'll be posting a few pics of the party tonight since I have them all saved at home. The party was SOOO much fun! Everyone who came, dressed up and the costumes were really great!! I had such a great time and it was one of those nights where you just have the best time with all of your friends. It ended up turning into a dance party and we were all rocking it out until about 3:00am! So at least I wasn't sitting down all night. I was on my feet from about 6:00-3:00 in the morning. I don't think I sat down once. My legs and feet were so tired by the end of the night! I was also so busy mingling that I really didn't have TOO much time to eat. I did manage to indulge in 1 cupcake, two bites of taco dip and tostitos, 3 peanut butter balls (they were decorated like eyeballs, how could I resist??) and 2 sugar cookies. All in all, I don't think it was TOO awful. AND I managed to stick with my Raspberry Crystal Light and Orange Vodka (Yumm!) all night so the calories were pretty limited on the drink front.

Then came Sunday.

Scott and I had to get up and ready to get to a course we are taking by 11:00am. So we woke up at 8:00 (I don't even know why) to a house with people sprawled out everywhere, empty glasses and bottles everywhere and floors were disgusting (all the signs of a great party right?). Ugghh. I didn't even know where to start. Surprisingly, once people started to wake up, we all chipped in and it was decently tidy by the time we left the house at 10:30. Then after our course, I had a Christmas Craft Day with Scott's Mom, Aunt and Cousin. We all made Christmas wreaths (I will post a picture of my creation later tonight or tomorrow) Even though I wasn't feeling the hottest and I was super tired, it was a lot of fun. Scott's Mom had lunch all ready for us that consisted of Cabbage Rolls and Potato Salad so of course I dove right in. We got home just before supper and I spent about an hour sweeping and scrubbing the grime off the floors. By 5:00, the woodstove was going strong, the house was clean again and we were tired and hungry. BAD combination ladies. Pizza Shack was involved. Caesar Salad and Garlic Fingers. Ugh.

But I'm over it. I've been thinking about it all morning and I think I know where my problem lies. I've just gotten too comfortable. I like the way I look. If I stayed this weight for the rest of my life, I would be ok with that. But then I get this rise of panick in my stomach and I think.....what does that even mean??? What happens now? What do I do with myself now? I know I'm not ready for maintenance. I don't know why, I just don't feel like I am. I would like to lose another 5 lbs. But the motivation is hard to find because honestly, I like the way I look most days. I like the way my clothes fit, I like the fact that I'm a size 9 and sometimes even a 7. It's where I've always wanted to be. and now I'm here. What now?

I think I need to a few days to re-evaluate what I'm doing on this journey. Have any of you ladies gone through this before? I need some perspective.

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like we had pretty much the same weekend except you and your MIL seemed to mesh well!) lol

    I hear ya girlie, I'm not even going to try to object to what you said there about being happy where you are. It sure makes you relax the rules in situations like that where it's all good times and fun. I don't blame you one bit. I keep having the same debate with myself over and over. I've even thought to myself that a lot of people lose another 5 - 10 lbs while they're on "maitenance" over a longer period of time. It's allll up to you my friend. It's what you truly want. Just be sure you making the decision because you honestly feel that way and not because you're having a tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well let me tell you that you can't quit because then I'll want to quit but I really don't want to but I sorta do. I completely get the being happy now. My clothes fit, the extra chins are gone etc. BUT I still have some areas that I hate. And I still feel fat and uncomfortable around very small people or people who just make you feel like that. So I'm gonna keep pushing. And I need you to go through these same things with me! Besides, you just started the strength training part! You're going to see crazy reshaping of the body results soon and you don't want to miss that! Let's brainstorm for motivation. Right now the only idea I have is make myself wear clothes that are too small to feel like I'm gaining again. maybe not the best idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate Carolyn. I'm genuinely happy with myself.

    I just am not willing to put in that huge effort right now to push and lose that last couple of pounds. I'm hoping it will graudally come off as I keep *trying* to exercise and eat mostly well.

    Maybe you could have a fitness goal too? Like a 5K or something new to switch things up and take the focus off the pounds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yeah. Also, can't wait to see pics of the party and wreaths and maybe the results from the Christmas Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. CArolyn- I haven't ever been in the place where I like my body well enough to be in maintenance mode, but I do understand your weekend issues. I had a horrible eating weekend. Much worse than yours. But I'm feeling strong today, so I'm already back on track.

    One thing people on the Phit-n-phat.com website say when they are at their goal, is that they focus on fitness, like Katie said. They decide that for 1 month, or whatever, they are going to focus on getting inches off their abs, by working them every day. Or they are going to try and get definition in their arms, or try to run 5 miles without stopping. That sort of thing. So your main focus is somewhere else, but it;s still somewhere healthy. Maybe that is something you can try.

    Good luck, you will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i'm at the same place as you. but you just need to take one day at a time. or one pound at a time, like your blog title. i do like how i look, my clothes fit but for some reason i keep pushing on to see that certain size/number on the scale. i think that if we didn't we would probably be in really unhappy and unhealthy places in our lives.

    you just need to focus on one day at time, don't let the weekends set you back. i think if you can get the exercise in and eat well during the week, that splurges are okay. you just need to keep it in moderation. i like that monday restarts everything but then again, we are young, we need to be happy and live our lives. if we can be healthy 5 out of 7 days of the week, i think that's great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great party!

    I could not have said it any better. I like myself now, I'm in no rush to lose the last 10 pounds or so, if it takes a year, so be it. But I will lose them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like you had so much fun!!! nights like your Sunday night happen...now you need to detox yourself with tons fo water. And get moving again.

    I totally relate to the feeling comfortable. I haven't been in these size clothes for soooo long. I feel in so many ways like a thin person. And I am seeing big changes in my choices and behaviors too. I am starting to really focus on fitness. I want to be a runner. I guess to be that equates with being fit. I do lots of strength training just picking up my little ones and toting around laundry, the vaccuum, etc. But I want the cardio aspect.

    And I want the specific number on the scale. I want to stand up in my meeting and say that I am on maintenance and that I have done it. It's just something I need to do for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!