Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Hope everyone had a great Turkey day (or days as in my case) Two Thanksgiving turkey's, two pumpkin pies, two huge dinners with all the trimmings and I'm ready for detox. Oh Vey. Time to get serious ladies.
I've spent a wonderful weekend with family and now it's time to get back to reality and realize that pumpkin pie is not on the dessert menu tonight. Or any other night. I really want to get this 10 lbs off before Christmas and I'm determined to do it. I'm going to take a few hours today to cook up some lunches for the week and to plan out my dinners as well. I studied my journal for last week and tried to figure out why I maintained last week when I really thought I was going to see a loss. There were a few things I noticed that definitely could have changed. I think I was eating a lot of "empty" points. More than I need to. Here are the areas that I think I need to improve on this week.
1.I had Special K Vanilla and Almond everyday for breakfast. Although it's pretty low in points, there is basically no nutritional value to the cereal and I'm left feeling hungry only an hour after eating a big bowl of it. I think I should stick with a breakfast that has more protein and fiber in it to help[me feel full longer and it will give me more energy throughout the day. They do say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
2. I had a WW Carrot cake everyday with my lunch. Again, empty points. I shouldn't just be eating sweets because I have the points and - where's the nutrition???
3. I had a huge portion of pasta 3 nights of the week last week. Granted it was whole wheat pasta but the portion size was huge, I was full after eating only half of it but I still kept going because it was on my plate. I even had a side of salad. This week, I will cut my pasta portion in half and double up on the salad.
4. 3 days of the week I did not pre-plan my lunch and ended up making 2 Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches for lunch on WW bread. That is a lot of bread! 4 Pieces!! and AGAIN, Where's the big nutritional value?????
5. After supper snacks....I had popcorn 4 nights last week and of course I loaded it up with Kernels Sour Cream and Onion topping. This week I'm going to pick up some extra fruit so that I can sub it in for an after dinner snack.
6. I used the "Holiday" as an excuse to overindulge in my old time Holiday favs such as pumpkin pie and frozen yogurt. Everyone else had seconds, why shouldn't I? It's only Thanksgiving once a year right??? (I would have been perfectly satisfied with only 1 piece of pumpkin pie!!)
Goals for this week:
1. Eat a more balanced breakfast with fruit, protein and fiber
2. Get in 3-45min cardio sessions at the gym before Friday
3. Pre-plan my lunches and make ahead of time to avoid quick, unhealthy decisions.
4. Cut portions down and up portions on fruits and veggies.
5. Pre-plan flex points to avoid going over.
Alright ladies, this is one of those weeks that I really need your input. What do you think of my plan? Any other suggestions??
Don't forget to send Randi or I your WI results for last week if you haven't already. She will be posting the results today so check out her site!!