Monday, October 8, 2007

Re-evaluating

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Hope everyone had a great Turkey day (or days as in my case) Two Thanksgiving turkey's, two pumpkin pies, two huge dinners with all the trimmings and I'm ready for detox. Oh Vey. Time to get serious ladies.
I've spent a wonderful weekend with family and now it's time to get back to reality and realize that pumpkin pie is not on the dessert menu tonight. Or any other night. I really want to get this 10 lbs off before Christmas and I'm determined to do it. I'm going to take a few hours today to cook up some lunches for the week and to plan out my dinners as well. I studied my journal for last week and tried to figure out why I maintained last week when I really thought I was going to see a loss. There were a few things I noticed that definitely could have changed. I think I was eating a lot of "empty" points. More than I need to. Here are the areas that I think I need to improve on this week.

1.I had Special K Vanilla and Almond everyday for breakfast. Although it's pretty low in points, there is basically no nutritional value to the cereal and I'm left feeling hungry only an hour after eating a big bowl of it. I think I should stick with a breakfast that has more protein and fiber in it to help[me feel full longer and it will give me more energy throughout the day. They do say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

2. I had a WW Carrot cake everyday with my lunch. Again, empty points. I shouldn't just be eating sweets because I have the points and - where's the nutrition???

3. I had a huge portion of pasta 3 nights of the week last week. Granted it was whole wheat pasta but the portion size was huge, I was full after eating only half of it but I still kept going because it was on my plate. I even had a side of salad. This week, I will cut my pasta portion in half and double up on the salad.

4. 3 days of the week I did not pre-plan my lunch and ended up making 2 Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches for lunch on WW bread. That is a lot of bread! 4 Pieces!! and AGAIN, Where's the big nutritional value?????

5. After supper snacks....I had popcorn 4 nights last week and of course I loaded it up with Kernels Sour Cream and Onion topping. This week I'm going to pick up some extra fruit so that I can sub it in for an after dinner snack.

6. I used the "Holiday" as an excuse to overindulge in my old time Holiday favs such as pumpkin pie and frozen yogurt. Everyone else had seconds, why shouldn't I? It's only Thanksgiving once a year right??? (I would have been perfectly satisfied with only 1 piece of pumpkin pie!!)

Goals for this week:

1. Eat a more balanced breakfast with fruit, protein and fiber
2. Get in 3-45min cardio sessions at the gym before Friday
3. Pre-plan my lunches and make ahead of time to avoid quick, unhealthy decisions.
4. Cut portions down and up portions on fruits and veggies.
5. Pre-plan flex points to avoid going over.

Alright ladies, this is one of those weeks that I really need your input. What do you think of my plan? Any other suggestions??

Don't forget to send Randi or I your WI results for last week if you haven't already. She will be posting the results today so check out her site!!

16 comments:

  1. sounds like a plan for success to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast has been a hard one for me lately too. I need to do better with mine, too. And I am the same way with lunches. If I don't have it ready to go, I make poor choices with either too many or too few points.

    Sounds like you are making a good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wise woman! Instead of getting upset at your STS, you looked back and evaluated your week and saw where you could have improved! Awesome!!!

    Thanks for your comment today girl, I'm back and ready to kick some arse...let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving? Is it Thanksgiving in Canada? It's Columbus Day down south. :)

    Personally, I think it's ok to indulge in your fav food for one day. . .as long as you get back on track tomorrow. It sounds like you've got a great game plan already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good plan Carolyn. Have you tried spaghetti squash with your tomatoe sauce instead of pasta? It's a good alternative that I enjoy periodically.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally sounds like a plan for success to me. It's funny how we can get wrapped up into eating too many things that have no nutritional value whatsoever, and weight watchers really doesn't stop us from doing that.

    My breakfast as of lately has been 1 cup of Kashi Go Lean (regular, not the crunch), with 1/2 cup of Fiber One and a 1/2 cup of Milk. It's incredibly high in protein and fiber, and keeps me full for a good three hours. Could even add some strawberries, blueberries or raspberries to it.

    My new craving for a snack, is I've been taking vanilla yogurt, and mixing it with crushed strawberries and sticking it in the freezer, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great plan, but don't be too hard on yourself.

    Here's a tip that has really helped me. My trainer has told me to eat clean all week and then pick one day that I can have a cheat meal. Just a meal. Give yourself 60 minutes to eat whatever you have been craving. Don't eat just to eat though, make sure it's something you enjoy that will really satisfy you. I've been doing this for a few weeks and it really seems to help me stay healthy all week if I know I have one meal that I can eat the stuff I've been craving.

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey girl!! i read your posts and totally relate about the scale. it really makes everything seem pointless but you're right, its good to put things into perspective and not focus on that number. easier said than done sometimes though!!! hey, we're trying and doing the best we can. at least we're not eating bags of doritos and laying around all day. going to the gym and watching your points are great NSVs and the scale should eventually catch up with your efforts!

    i have the biological puppy clock is ticking too. i really want one! i get my fix at www.thedailypuppy.com - a new puppy everyday! i know they are a lot of work though but i am in love with english bulldogs. i'm thinking next year, once i move in with my bf we will get one. you're right though, i would feel bad leaving him/her alone from 7-4 everyday :(

    i did okay on my vacation. i actually got A LOT of walking in while in NYC so thats good. i'm going out for our anniversary dinner tonight. he planned it himself and its at a super fancy restaurant in DC and its a pre-planned 6 course meal. AHHH!!! oh well, i'm going to enjoy it since it won't be cheap and i will just get back on track tmw.

    hope you're doing well and lets both get loses by friday!! haha....not so much for me but i feel like you will!

    p.s. my weigh-in: a maintain. 138. i didnt weigh myself friday and dont plan on weighing until this friday.

    p.s.s. my favorite breakfast is a light english muffin with butter spray and a smidge of natural skippy chunky peanut butter. i use a very little amount of PB and let it melt and then it spreads REALLY well without all the calories. sometimes i grab an apple or yogurt if im still hungry but it usually fills me up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally get ya, and I didn't even have Thanksgiving this week!
    I'm trying to increase my nutritional awareness this week, I really think that's where I went wrong last week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a good plan--way to think about nutrition instead of just calories! i do the same thing--eat a bunch of empty carbs and then wonder why i'm still hungry. good goals and a good reminder for me! good luck--you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree - good plan - especailly about the cereal - a solid breakfast is key! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you know where you need to improve, and you have the right idea on improving it. Sounds like a great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have a good handle on the situation. For breakfast, I like eating Egg Beaters. they keep me full and they aren't as bad for you as "real" eggs. Plus, I can put a little extra salsa on top to make them super tastey. Also, if you need a breakfast on the go, the Fiber One bars (I like peanut butter the best) are really tastey. they are a little high in fat, but they have a ton of fiber and are super yummy.

    Good luck! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, those 'empty' foods are hard to resist sometimes - they're typically so much faster to grab than, say, a source of lean protein or fiber!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes. The morning news Im standing here in front of whats left of GBsrestaurant, which witnesses claim was the site of a clash of titanicproportions between the Black Widow and the Avenging Angel known tosome as Sapphire.
    true girdle sex stories u.s
    gay free sex stories
    bdsm tortureincest stories
    xxx erotic sex stories
    nifty eroyic stories
    Yes. The morning news Im standing here in front of whats left of GBsrestaurant, which witnesses claim was the site of a clash of titanicproportions between the Black Widow and the Avenging Angel known tosome as Sapphire.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bob told me that I wasgoing to give him a special pleasure and that I might feel somepain and I told him to do whatever he wanted to me and that I washis, for his every pleasure. It had started out as a banner year in the Guldersonshousehold, and Clifford had mostly grown out of his previous yearswardrobe.
    wife forced lesbian stories
    dog sex stories free
    bdsm forced weight loss stories
    incest youth sex stories
    free adult animal stories
    Bob told me that I wasgoing to give him a special pleasure and that I might feel somepain and I told him to do whatever he wanted to me and that I washis, for his every pleasure. It had started out as a banner year in the Guldersonshousehold, and Clifford had mostly grown out of his previous yearswardrobe.

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!