Friday, October 19, 2007

WI Week # 4 Christmas Challenge

Oh this is going to feel good......making it official!

Randi, put me down for losing 2 LBS for Week #4 of the Christmas Challenge!!!!

My digital scale was on the fritz this morning (aka batteries dead) so I had to resort to old faithful. Which wasn't a big problem anyway because I weighed myself on both the digital scale and old faithful last Friday (to make sure that my big 3 pound loss was actually accurate and not just a figment of my imagination!) SO I jumped on the scale this morning and I was down a solid 2 lbs. I even made Scott come in to see it since I was so excited! I think cutting out all those empty points and eating a better breakfast, along with getting to the gym at least 3 times a week is starting to pay off. This loss puts me at 50% of my Christmas Challenge goal so I'm even thinking of upping my goal. I'm going to wait and see how next week's WI goes though before I make any final decisions. What do you girls think?

The Sheppard's pie turned out well last night, although I didn't get to actually try any since it wasn't done until about 8:00 and I had long since had my supper but when my Mom and her Bf arrived from Ontario they sat down to 2 big helpings and had nothing but rave reviews. I'm definitely going to try out a nice big piece for supper tonight. I'm thinking about freezing a few pieces for lunches/weekday suppers too. Do you think it would freeze well? I'm not sure about the potatoes??

I also ended up making yet another batch of Anne's Banana Bran Chocolate Chip muffins and they were a HUGE hit with the family. They finished up my batch from Wednesday night AND the batch from last night only has 1 or 2 left. I'm proud to say that while Scott scarfed down 3 muffins last night, my Mom had 3 and her Bf had maybe 4 or more, I had ZERO! None for me! I actually picked one up and was about to take a nice big bite but hesitated for a second and put it back in the container. Nice NSV eh?

So this weekends plan is to stay within my 35 flex points which really shouldn't be a problem. No homemade pizza tonight for supper so that will save up quite a few. I really have no excuse this weekend to overindulge so I have a feeling it's going to be a good one!

Don't forget to e-mail Randi your WI results for Week #4 of the Christmas Challenge!!

Have a great weekend!!

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on the great loss....Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my humble thought is:

    Let yourself get to the goal you chose for this challenge. Enjoy the success. Bask in the proceeds of your hard work.
    Then the NEXT week, think about how much, if any, you want to change. Set a new mini goal.
    You're working hard, everything is clicking for you - why deny yourself the awesome feeling of meeting your goal?

    Congrats on your loss. Awesome job on our NSV!! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes! Congrats on the amazing loss!!! And, resisting those muffins - you are incredible! Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job this week! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm those muffins sound good! i will have to try them. congrats on the 2lb loss!! i'm down 2 lbs too :) well since i went up an lb last week, its more like down 1 but i will take it. it feels good being on track! :)

    i'm not too sure about freezing things but there is a show on food network. she makes all of her meals early in the week and freezes everything. robin miller: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_rm/text/0,2757,FOOD_23676_47418,00.html

    good luck with the no flex point plan. you can do it! i don't know that i will be...i might splurge on sunday at the football game ;) have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great loss 2 weeks in a row! You are doing great!

    And I agree. Get to your goal and ENJOY it for a while. See what it's like to maintain without bingeing all weekend every weekend all summer (hmmm!) and then decide if you really want to go lower or if you are comfortable there. Remember that you don't want to go lower than will be comfortable to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH...sheppard's pie should freeze just fine. The potatoes may be a little thick when it defrosts, but after it's all warmed up with the yummy stuff underneath, it should be just fine. From a mama who cooks in bulk frequently...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baking is always a dangerous passtime for me. I tend to enjoy the fruits, or carbs, of my labours too much. Way to go in resisting the muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay - congrats on awesome weigh in! and for resisting muffin temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on your loss this week - 2 pounds is awesome! looks like a lot of us are having a good week, i hope the trend continues! ;o)

    i think freezing your SP would be fine but if you aren't sure, just do a tiny bit and see what happens... :o)

    have a good weekend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are doing so great! 2 great losses 2 weeks in a row! WOOHOO!!!!! :) Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the loss! Already half way to your Christmas goal! :)

    Is the Shepard's pie pt friendly?

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm still off track and suck! Ha! But Monday's coming yet again to get back at it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow girl, where do I start with the Congratulations!!! Yay on another awesome kick ass loss! And HUGE congrats too on not even trying the sheppards pie because you already had your supper! WOw girl!!! That's truly awesome!

    I love those muffins sooo much..I made a batch last night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your loss!!

    Glad the Shepards pie turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow congrats on your loss thats fabulous you are doing so well, keep it up! Did you get my pts for this week? I do not have Randys email address

    ReplyDelete

Bring on the comments!